That's Genelia Life!


After making a disastrous debut in Bollywood, she made a comeback five years later as the new youth icon, with Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na (JTYJN). In the meantime, she became the hottest young actress in the south, doing girl-next-door roles mainly in Telugu films.

After almost a year, the actress was back in Chennai to endorse an orange drink. The bubbly, effervescent Genelia said, “I owe a lot to southern cinema and today I’m on the verge of creating history as I will be the first actress to do the same role in three different languages. I played Hasini in Bommarillu (Telugu) and Santosh Subramaniam (Tamil) and now I’m playing Pooja Saxena in the Hindi remake, It’s My Life with Hurman Baweja in the lead and directed by Aneez Bazmee.” Telugu Actress Gossips

The girl-next-door image has worked wonders for her and she’s proud of it. She has bagged a record number of endorsement deals, because of what ad agencies call, her ‘vibrant youth image’. Now, the cute and petite Genelia has replaced Rani Mukherjee and Preity Zinta as brand ambassadors for a few products.

The 21-year-old lass feels that she is exuberant and forthright in her approach to life, which has been extended to the screen. The actress says, “Yes to a certain extent Aditi of JTYJN and Hasini are similar in nature as they have freshness, youth and energy and the characters are just like me in real life. But now, I want to do roles that I have not done before, something more challenging.”

Genelia has three Hindi films releasing this year — It’s my life, Life Partner and Hook Ya Crook. Also, she is on the verge of signing a film with a big hero. Recently she did a Telugu film, Krishna Vamsi’s Sasirekha Parinayam, as a woman who fights against dowry system and did the role without any makeup. When asked whether she would be doing any more south movies, she signs of saying, “Why not? I’m very proud of my south Indian films, as it was here that I got to hone my skills. I will be doing a Telugu film Katha, later this year. I’m open to good roles in Tamil too.”

No comments:

Post a Comment