Genelia Says No BoyFrined In Her Life


Genelia D’Souza, who won hearts with her girl-next-door image in last year’s hit Jaane Tu… Ya Jaane Na, says she isn’t seeing anyone and right now her main concern is her upcoming film It’s My Life.

“I’m pretty much like Aditi from Jaane Tu…. There’s no one in my life. I’m even shooting on Valentine’s Day,” Genelia says.
Helmed by writer-turned director Aneez Bazmee, It’s My Life is a remake of the 2006 Telugu hit Bommarillu. Genelia played the female lead in the original opposite South actor Siddharth Narayan and won the Telugu Filmfare Best Actress award for the film.
“The film’s Telugu version was a blockbuster down south. Aneez sir has done a terrific job with the film and I hope the Hindi version is as successful as the Telugu one,” Genelia says. Telugu Movie News

In the film, she teams up with Hurman S. Baweja, who was written off by critics after his debut vehicle Love Story 2050 turned turtle at the box office.
Asked her if she had any apprehensions working with Hurman, Genelia said, “I would not like to comment on that but I just hope my film does really well.”
Produced by Boney Kapoor and Sridevi, It’s My Life also stars Nana Patekar. The 21-year-old wants to do all kinds of roles. “I’ll take any role that challenges me. After all, it’s only films that make the bigger picture for me,” she said.
Not many know that Genelia also had her opinion about Bollywood during her years of struggle. “Like a normal middle class girl, I initially believed that it’s (Bollywood) a big bad industry, but now I’ve realised that it treats you how you want it to treat you. I look at it now as a career opportunity more than anything else,” she said.

Apart from It’s My Life, Genelia will also be seen in David Dhawan’s Hook Ya Crook and Rumy Jaffrey’s Life Partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment